ESVCP 2022 ECVCP
Registration and abstract submission
PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME OF THE PRE-CONGRESS SESSION
LABORATORY QUALITY MANAGEMENT, MANAGING EXPECTATIONS
Chair: Henk MJ Goldschmidt
Co-chair: Kathleen Freeman
Date: Wednesday, 5th October 2022
Location: Lavender Room, Hotel Metropol Palace, Belgrade
Basic principles, statistics in biology, Henk Goldschmidt
- Concepts of CV, SD, and TE
- Quality management system and method validation
- Practical exercise
Basic principles, statistics in biology, Kathleen Freeman
- Method comparison studies, biological variation, and Critical Difference
- Including practical exercise
- Practical examples (from Student T test to Mann-Whitney U test),
- What are the advantages, what the limitations?
- Least Square Regression vs PB (future)
- Evaluation protocols
Multivariate statistics, Henk Goldschmidt
- Multivariate statistics
- Lundberg testing cycle, error detection, cluster, discriminant and time series,
- Nexus model
- Including interactive voting
Use and implementation of QMS, Henk Goldschmidt
- CLSI guidelines, ESVCP guidelines, ISO norms, CE label and the EFQM model,
- Management tools
- Including plenary discussion
Beyond QC to Risk Management, Zoe Brooks, online
- Look beyond the stats – it doesn’t need to be so complicated!
- Manage acceptable risk as the number and cost of error.
- Including interactive voting to demonstrate potential savings.
- QC charts for POCT and graphical display.
- What will the future bring?
- Westgard. JO. Basic Method Validation and Verification, 4th edition. Training in Analytical Quality Management for Healthcare Laboratories. Westgard QC, Inc, 2020. Available through the Store at www.westgard.com
- Flatland, B and Freeman, K. Quality in the Veterinary Medical Laboratory. University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine. e-Book in manuscript (anticipated publication 2023).